Tuesday 29 October 2013

House Trap by Mike Mauthor

Rating: 

Blurb Summary: 

Rachel Evans is a sixteen year old overachiever who would take nothing less than to achieve her goal of getting into Dartmouth College. But Rachel’s life would never be the same once she stepped into the house of Alicia Hausefalle, the most popular girl in Wedds High School. Rachel was there to tutor her. She never expected to meet two strangers who were ready to end her life.

I don't what I expected from this book but it wasn't this. I liked how the prologue was set in the past. The whole Nicholas twist was very predictable though. The story was a bit slow until we got to Alicia's house. I liked how strong and independent that main character Rachel was, Nathan was also another favourite of mine. This book has freaked me out as my house has a lock-down system and I finished this in the wee hours of the morning. I loved how brutal Scott was and Jay's secret was interesting. Overall I liked how the book ended and my need for a sequel was satisfied. I literally jumped up and down when I found out about the sequel 'Fiery Trap' and after reading the preview I need to know what happens! I can safely say I am a fan of Mike Mauthor's work!


Watch me speak more in depth here: 

No comments:

Post a Comment